Poetry III: Learning Outcomes
Starting to write poetry is really a challenge
When first attempting this, it appeared extremely difficult but I quickly found that if you write when in the right mindset and purpose, the words flow with much more ease.
By listening and reading lots of other poets and being inspired by their unique styles and messages, I was able to develop my own poems and getting enough courage to be ready to share with my friends to get their opinion.
Planning:
Through this activity I wish to encounter and analyze my areas of strengths and weaknesses by undertaking new challenges. In order to achieve this I will need to be committed and perseverant and develop new skills in writing , and I plan on doing this by writing some poetry at least half and hour a day at home. I would also like to focus on reading other poetry authors to understand their techniques.
Reflection
I wasn't initially sure about performing poetry in front of people (even they are good friends) because it does contain some of personal opinions and feelings however I must admit that if you can't share your thoughts with the people that it is important for you and in my own school, where else I will do?
The performance was very funny and I think that having an audience there listening to what I was saying rather than just writing in a piece of paper only for myself, it is a very different experience an I think I need to change the way I speak. I learned that I have to be more passionate about what I was saying.
I will definitely continue to write poetry in the future because it is the best way to express our own feelings and be able to communicate that there is something important to me that I need to share.

No comments: